Compare your performance to others
The principle of performance benchmarking applied in our PT program means that your results will be compared to those of other laboratories, from different sectors all over the world.
Comply with certification & accreditation requirements
Proficiency testing offers organizations that are seeking compliance with ISO 20387, ISO 17025, ISO 15189, CLIA, CAP or equivalent, the opportunity to fulfil the respective normative requirements.
Improve performance & prove consistency
The assessment of your laboratory’s proficiency allows you to monitor and improve performance by identifying potential problems and providing additional motivation. Regular participation in
our PT program will also prove consistency of performance over time.
Gain credibility & visibility
By participating in our PT program you can assure customers, collaborators, funding agencies and regulatory bodies of the validity of your results. This can help build your reputation for
high quality laboratory methods and gain international visibility.
PT Advisory Group Roster
- Fay Betsou, Luxembourg
- Domenico Coppola, USA
- Annemieke De Wilde, Belgium
- William Grizzle, USA
- Iren Koppandi, USA
- Katheryn Shea, USA
- Gert Vanden Eyden, Belgium
- Michaël Speicher, Austria
- Rongxin Gan, China
Proficiency Testing Schemes
The 2020 PT programme includes 19 testing and processing schemes. You can decide to participate in one or more schemes for 1, 2 or 3 consecutive years.
- DNA Extraction from Whole Blood
- DNA Extraction from FFPE Material
- DNA Extraction from Frozen Tissue
- Microbial DNA Extraction from Saliva
- Microbial DNA Extraction from Stool
- Cell Free DNA Extraction from Whole Blood
- RNA Extraction from Whole Blood
- RNA Extraction from FFPE Material
- Total RNA Extraction from Frozen Tissue
- CSF Aliquoting
- Viable PBMC Isolation
- Cell Free RNA (cfRNA) Extraction from Plasma
- DNA Quantification and Purity
- RNA Quantification and Purity
- RNA Integrity
- Cell Viability
- Tissue Histology
- DNA integrity
Combined processing and testing scheme
- Circulating Tumour Cells (CTC) Isolation Detection
Discount available if you register for the same scheme for 2 or 3 consecutive year (see chart below for details)! Please note these prices have applied the 20% discount for ISBER members. The
table below summarises the fees ** (in EUR) for the 2020-22 PT programme:
|DNA Quantification and Purity*
|RNA Quantification and Purity*
|DNA Extraction from Whole Blood
|DNA Extraction from FFPE Material
|RNAExtraction from Whole Blood
|RNAExtraction from FFPE Material
|Microbial DNA Extraction from Saliva
|Microbial DNA Extraction from Stool
|Cell Free DNA (cfDNA) Extraction from Whole Blood
|DNA Extraction from Frozen Tissue
|Total RNAExtraction from Frozen Tissue
|Viable PBMC Isolation***
|Cell Free RNAExtraction (cfRNA) from Plasma
|Circulating Tumour Cells (CTC) Isolation and Detection
* For these schemes, you may test multiple methods in the same run according to the lists of accepted methods. You will however only be able to submit one result per method. For DNAI20R1, DNAQ20R1,
RNAQ20R1, RNAI20R1, CELL20R1 and THIS20R1, you may enter replicate measurements.
**Prices are subject to change. Terms and conditions apply. Prices are valid worldwide except for People's Republic of China (PRC).
*** Shipping costs to IBBL will be covered by the participants.
For more information visit us on www.ibbl.lu/pt or contact us at ISBERPT@ibbl.lu