ISBER WELCOMES NOMINATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF PRESIDENT-ELECT (2017-2018)
Click here to view the current ISBER Board of Directors roster.
Only ISBER members are eligible to submit nominations to the ISBER Board of Directors. To submit, ensure you are logged into your personal ISBER account (not your Organization's account), and start by clicking the "Begin Survey" at the bottom of the page.
PRESIDENT-ELECT (May 2017-MAY 2017) OFFICE DESCRIPTION:
The ISBER President-Elect is an Executive Officer position that spans a three year term: Year 1 as the President-Elect, Year 2 as the President, and Year 3 as the Immediate Past President. This is a mentorship structure that is meant to provide continuity in this lead position. Like all members of the Board of Directors, the President-Elect must be an ISBER member to be eligible.
ISBER PRESIDENT-ELECT RESPONSIBILITIES (May 2017-MAY 2018):
- Be an active member of the Executive, Finance, Compensation and Performance Review Committees
- Serve on the Organizing Advisory Committee
- Act as President in the event that the current President is unable to do so
ISBER PRESIDENT RESPONSIBILITIES (MAY 2018-MAY 2019):
- Chair Board of Directors meetings
- Chair the Executive Committee
- Be an active member of the Executive, Audit and Finance, and Compensation and Performance Review Committees
- Be a non-voting member of the Nominating Committee
- Serve on the Organizing and Scientific Program Advisory Committees
- Act as a mentor to the President-elect
ISBER PAST-PRESIDENT RESPONSIBILITIES (MAY 2019-MAY 2020):
- Be an active member of the Executive, Audit and Finance, Compensation and Performance Review Committees
- Chair the Nominating Committee
- Act as a mentor to the President and President-Elect
- Act as President in the event that the current President and President-Elect are unable to do so
- Act as ISBER Representative to other Societies
AS A MEMBER OF THE ISBER BOARD OF DIRECTORS, THE PRESIDENT-ELECT IS ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPPORTING THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead and direct the Society for furtherance of its purposes, which are to advance biological and environmental repository science and technology through education and scientific research, and to serve as a public forum for the exchange of information related to biological and environmental repositories
- Set the strategic direction of the Society
- Execute established and identified goals
- Actively participate in Annual Meetings and Board of Directors meetings
- Operate the Society within the Bylaws
- Approve appointments to all committees with appointed members
- Provide fiduciary oversight
*Only ISBER members may submit a nomination
Contact the ISBER Head Office at 1-604-484-5693 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.