THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS PASSED!
Notifications were sent to authors in early February.
ISBER welcomes the submission of abstracts in fields related to the
use of environmental and biological repositories. Special
consideration will be given to those abstracts that focus on
challenges in the area of biorepositories and solutions to those
problems. Abstracts should contain significant or novel scientific
information. Product advertisements are not appropriate for
presentation. ISBER reserves the right to exclude abstracts that
promote commercial interests inappropriately or are viewed as unethical
in content. Submitted abstracts will be evaluated anonymously by a
review panel, and accepted based on scientific merit and contribution
to their area of science. Accepted abstracts will be published on
the ISBER web site and in their entirety in the April 2012 issue of
Biopreservation and Biobanking (BIO), the official journal of ISBER. Withdrawn abstracts may
not be published in BIO.
Topic Categories Include:
- Environmental Repositories
- Human Specimen Repositories
- Cryogenics and Cell Preservation
- "Green" Repository Solutions
- Legal and Ethical Issues Related to Repositories
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Repository Automation Technologies
- Innovative Technologies Session (Note: Abstracts submitted to this category will only be considered for
an oral presentation. Abstracts are not eligible for a Poster, and
will not be published. Please make sure you read the session description
before submitting your abstract to this category.)
- National & International Biobanking Networks
IMPORTANT & NEW INFORMATION FOR THE ISBER 2012 ANNUAL MEETING & EXHIBITS!!
Innovative Technologies Session
The Innovative Technologies Session was first introduced at the 2011
Annual Meeting. This session was a great success and attendees have
requested enthusiastically that we include this session in the 2012
program. It has been designed to provide a unique opportunity for
companies to highlight the science and validation behind new products
and technologies that have the potential to impact biorepository
operations and specimen management/workflow. Only abstracts submitted to
the "Innovative Technologies Session" topic category will be eligible
for this session. A limited number of abstracts will be invited to give a
short oral presentation. Abstracts submitted for this session will NOT be eligible for a poster. Abstracts submitted for this session will NOT be published in BIO.
ISBER Poster Awards (Asterand-ISBER Biospecimen Science & ISBER Biobanking)
Please read below for important information regarding the ISBER Poster
Awards. In order to be eligible to receive an award you must submit an
electronic poster to the Poster Award Committee no later than March 30th.
Award applicants must submit an electronic version of their poster prior
to the meeting. The posters will be reviewed and judged by individuals
selected by the Poster Award Committee. The winners will be announced at
the Awards Presentation & Business Meeting. In order to be eligible
for the Poster Awards, you must follow the guidelines listed below:
- Abstract must be successfully submitted by December 15, 2011.
- You must indicate, before the abstract deadline, that you would
like to be considered for the poster awards, by checking the
appropriate box on the abstract submission site.
- If accepted, a PDF or PowerPoint version of your poster must be received by the ISBER office (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, March 30th. Posters no larger than 3MB in size can be emailed. Posters larger than 3MB in size must be put on a CD and mailed to the ISBER Office (address below) to be received by March 30th. Please send an email to the ISBER Office to let the
Office staff know that the poster CD was mailed. The ISBER Office will
send an acknowledgement email when a poster is emailed or arrives on CD
to the submitter. Please provide the email address where this
acknowledgement should be sent.
9650 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814 (USA)
- Award applicants must attend the ISBER Awards Presentation and
Business Meeting on Thursday, May 17th, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm, or forfeit
eligibility for the award.
- Abstracts must be programmed as a poster. Abstracts programmed as an oral presentation are NOT eligible for the Poster Awards. Authors will be notified by February
6th, 2012 as to whether their abstract was selected for an oral/poster
Authors should indicate their preference for presentation (poster vs.
oral presentation). The Program Committee will attempt to honor the
authors' preference but the final format decision will be based on the
overall constraints of the scientific program.
- The authors do not have a preference for oral
presentation or poster presentation and agree to present their data in
the format chosen by the Program Committee. Please note: Abstracts
selected for an oral presentation are NOT
eligible for a Poster Award.
- Posters will be displayed for one or two
days as determined by the Program Committee. Abstracts selected for a
poster presentation are eligible for the Poster Awards.
- Authors selected to present in a Contributed
Papers Session will be allotted 15 minutes to present the study data.
Abstracts selected for a Contributed Paper Session will NOT
present a poster and are NOT
eligible for the poster awards.
Innovative Technologies Session
- This session has been designed
to provide a unique opportunity for companies to highlight the science
and validation behind new products and technologies that have the
potential to impact biorepository operations and specimen
management/workflow. Only abstracts submitted to the "Innovative
Technologies Session" topic category will be eligible for this session. A
limited number of abstracts will be invited to give a short oral
presentation. Abstracts submitted for this session will NOT
be eligible for a poster. Abstracts submitted for this session will NOT
be published in BIO
ISBER RULES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
ABSTRACT FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS
- With the exception of abstracts submitted to the "Innovative
Technologies" category, product advertisements are not appropriate for
presentation. The ISBER Program Committee reviews the abstract content
and ISBER reserves the right to exclude abstracts that promote
commercial interests inappropriately or are viewed as unethical in
content. If you are interested in promoting a new product, please
consider hosting a corporate workshop at the Annual Meeting. More
information is available online at: http://www.isber.org/mtgs/2012/Exhibit.cfm.
- Complete abstracts must be submitted online no later than
11:59PM Eastern Time on Thursday, December 15, 2011. No changes can be
made to abstract content or authors after the submission deadline.
- All abstracts must be submitted online. Faxed, emailed or mailed abstracts are not acceptable.
- Each author may submit a maximum of two abstracts as first author and may be included as coauthor on up to five additional abstracts.
- Once an abstract is accepted, additional authors cannot be added.
- The Presenting Author should be the primary contact (or Corresponding Author).
- Notification of acceptance or rejection and all future
correspondence will be emailed to the presenter from the ISBER office by
February 6th, 2012.
- ISBER reserves the right to withdraw a presentation at any time.
- Accepted abstracts that report information that has not been
previously published will be published in the Official Journal of ISBER Biopreservation and Biobanking (BIO).
- All accepted abstracts that have been previously published will be published in the program book.
- The Presenting Author is expected to register and attend the
ISBER Meeting and present the abstract at the assigned time period to
discuss the study and to answer questions. If the Presenting Author is
unable to attend the ISBER Annual Meeting to present the abstract, every
effort should be made to arrange for one of the other authors to
present the poster. ISBER staff (email@example.com) must be notified of any change in presenters.
- Language: The abstract must be written in English.
- Topic Selection: To ensure that your abstract is reviewed for the appropriate session, click a choice from the "Categories List."
- Presentation Format: At the meeting your paper may be
presented orally or as a poster. Please indicate your preference. Space
for oral presentations is limited and therefore the Program Committee
may need to override your preference.
- Title: Title must be initial caps throughout. Example: Human Repositories and Specimen Collection in China
- Abstract: Abstracts must be 250 words or less and the following fields are required: background/information, methods,
results, and conclusions. Figures and tables are NOT permitted in the
- Confirmation: When you finish submitting your abstract,
you will receive a confirmation screen verifying your submission and
assigning a tracking number to your abstract. SAVE YOUR TRACKING NUMBER!
It will serve as your identification number for corrections,
scheduling, and notification.
- Corrections: If you have changes to your abstract please
log in as a returning user with your email address and password. You
will be able to edit your submitted abstracts (until December 15, 2011)
by clicking on the ID number of the abstract you wish to edit. DO NOT
CREATE A NEW SUBMISSION.