ISBER Distinguished Leadership & Service Award
ISBER Award for Outstanding Achievement in Biobanking
ISBER Special Service Awards
Global Expansion Fund
ISBER Travel Award
ISBER Biospecimen Science Poster Awards
ISBER Biobanking Poster Awards
ISBER 2013 Annual Meeting & Exhibits
May 5-9, 2013
CryoXtract's CXT 750 Automated Frozen Sample Aliquotter
MVE Chart's MVE Variō™ Series
To acknowledge the developments and innovation in biobanking, a team of experts from diverse fields will select as many as two products to receive the ISBER Outstanding New Product Award at the Annual Meeting. Candidate products will be evaluated on the following four categories:
1. Technical innovation and originality
2. Anticipated impact/value
3. Data that support the position and viability of the product
4. The anticipated market demand
Recipients of the award will receive the following:
• Winners will be announced and presented a certificate at the Awards Presentation and Business Meeting to be held at the ISBER Annual Meeting
• Official logo that can be used to publicize the award on the awardee’s website and marketing collateral
• Acknowledgement on the ISBER Website
• Listing/article in the ISBER Newsletter following the Annual Meeting
1. Prior to the Annual Meeting, exhibitors will be notified of the availability of the award and invited to participate.
2. Companies interested in participating must indicate interest on their Exhibit Booth Application Form and will be provided with an application for the Award following acceptance of their application for booth space.
3. All entries must be received by COB on Monday, April 15th.
4. All product entries must be exhibited at the ISBER meeting exhibition, and having supporting data to demonstrate the functionality of the product.
5. The product entries must be less than one year old in current form to be considered. Major product enhancements will be considered. Products cannot have been displayed at a previous ISBER meeting.
Evaluation Guidelines/ Process
1. Copies of the Outstanding New Product Award applications will be distributed to the evaluation committee composed of ISBER Members nominated by the Marketing Committee and Approved by Council.
2. The evaluation committee will meet by phone prior to the annual meeting to discuss the applications and plan the final evaluation schedule.
3. At the annual meeting, members of the evaluation committee will visit the booth where each candidate product is exhibited.
4. It is at the discretion of the judges as to whether they identify themselves when evaluating the products or visit anonymously.
5. The committee will meet as a group to determine the winner(s).
The candidates new products will be evaluated on four criteria (no particular order or weighting).
• Technical innovation and originality exhibited by the new product
• Impact on repository operation, function, and potential value to the science and industry
• Market opportunity - narrow or broad in scope
• Quality of supporting data of function and fitness
Judges for the competition will be ISBER Members nominated by the Marketing Committee and Approved by Council. Award judges may be affiliated with candidate companies but must reveal the association and recuse themselves from evaluating their own or competitor’s candidate product.
ISBER reserves the right to select and deselect any company at any given time. All decisions are final.
If your company and product meet the award criteria and want to be considered for the 2013 ISBER Outstanding New Product Award, please first submit an application for booth space. On this form please indicate that you would like to be considered for the ISBER Outstanding New Product Award. Contact Sara Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on exhibiting at the ISBER Annual Meeting.
You will be contacted for further information and provided with an application for award consideration. Please be prepared to provide the following:
• Company name
• New product name
• Booth # (if known)
• Name of on-site contact at meeting
• Brief (<100 word) description of the product and why it deserves the award
• Certification that the product is “new”